Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween Fiction



With Halloween just a couple of days away, it got me to thinking about some of my favorite Halloween books and others worth noting.

Hallowe'en Party: A Hercule Poirot Mystery by Agatha Christie is certainly I've enjoyed. (Of course, everything Agatha wrote was wonderful). When a teenager is murdered at a Halloween party, Hercule Poirot is asked by a visiting mystery writer to investigate.


The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury is another good Halloween treat. Eight boys are out Halloween night to meet friend at a Haunted House and are taken on journey by mysterious character named Moundshroud.


Halloween Night by R.L Stine. A killer is on loose on this scariest of nights. Part of Stine's Point Horror Series.


Ghost Girl in Shadow Bay by my alter ego R. Barri Flowers, is not a Halloween novel per se, but is does contain ghosts, a haunted house, nightmares, a killer, and plenty of scary moments. It is now an audiobook, along with eBook and in print.


Other Halloweenish books I'd recommend, include the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer and the Frankenstein Series by Dean Koontz.


What are your favorite Halloween novels?

1 comment:

Dayton Ward said...

Oops! A bit late with this one. It's not strictly Halloween-themed, but I do love to revisit Richard Matheson's I Am Legend during this time of year. It's been one of my favorite books since childhood, and I never tire of revisiting it, even if it's just to reread a favorite scene or chapter.