Thursday, July 10, 2014

Bucket Lists continued

Jewel started our "New Year" recapping the Novel Spaces accomplishments for 2014. The list was impressive. Then Che posted a very fitting post for the new year, she posted a very impressive "Writing Bucket List". This got me thinking about the things I would like to write that I am not currently doing. So here's my list, I didn't make it to ten, but check the comments, I may add on!

A Picture Book. I have produced five, soon to be six illustrated children's books, however, I have the words and images of a picture book floating in my head. My major setback right now is that I cannot even draw a recognizable stick figure and the images are so sharp in my mind that I am not sure that I can trust anyone else to draw them.

A Futuristic Novel. The germs of this one came to me about a year ago, but they have yet to find the space to germinate.

A Mystery Novel. I was a huge Agatha Christie fan growing up and I feel that somewhere in my head is a murder mystery waiting to happen.

An Animated Children's Series aimed at Caribbean Children.

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

My bucket list right now is just to get back to writing. I've taken several days off after finishing a project.

Liane Spicer said...

I'm in the market for an illustrator with the magical ability to draw exactly what's in my sister's head for a series of picture books she has had sitting around for a decade and a half. Let me know if you find such a person!

Already written one futuristic (dystopian, of course!) short story, but no plans for a full length work.

And one of my WIPs is a mystery! I am SO loving writing this one.

Jewel Amethyst said...

I started out with romance, wrote one YA suspense, and published the first in a series of children's books...check.

On my list still is woman's fiction:WIP stalled 4 years ago;

epistolary :began one chronicling a woman's struggle with cancer. After seeing my sister suffer and die of cancer I haven't been able to continue writing it. Too painful.

family saga: way in the future

historic fiction featuring African slavery and the middle passage.

...and of course an anthology of short stories and poems written in Kittitian dialect. That I have written but not yet published.

Che Gilson said...

I would LOVE to see the animated series set in the Caribbean! I bet it would be wonderful! And so unlike all the awful cartoons on American TV...