Friday, April 7, 2017

Writing Outdoors... Or not


After a long winter stuck indoors a lot of authors I know are a little stir crazy. Plenty of them want to go outside and write. Personally the closest to writing outdoors that I like is going to a coffee shop.

But, if you feel called to the great outdoors here is an article with tips on creating an outdoor work space, most important, how to read your computer screen in the sunshine! 


It's an older article, but the home made sunshade can't be beat! 

And remember, pen and paper work everywhere!

5 comments:

Neil A. Waring said...

I spend quite a bit of time on my deck and in the backyard writing. Great space, my Wifi works terrific and I have several seating areas with shade. Flowers, green grass, budding fruit tree, birds at the feeder, and living in Wyoming, no humidity.

Che Gilson said...

That sounds beautiful! I have a shady deck but haven't tried it out yet...

Liane Spicer said...

I love your drawings!

I haven't really tried writing outdoors: it's just too darned hot here in the southern Caribbean most of the time. We humans! It's either too cold or too hot. We're hard to please.

Charles Gramlich said...

this is the time of year I get a little writing done outside. Not too far off and it'll be too hot

authorlindathorne said...

I love your drawings and they say more than just describe.

I'm not one to do much outdoors. I'm happy with my window to our back yard just to my left when I'm working on my computer in my little office at home. There's a nice vacant lot behind our house with very tall trees. I can keep the room temperature just right and no bugs or pollen producing plants.